Frequently Asked Questions
Subscribing to Local Baskit
What is a subscription to Local Baskit and how does it work?
- You will be asked to subscribe to Local Baskit to place your first order. You will then have meals in your Baskit Style suggested for you each week. You can swap these meals, skip the upcoming week and cancel at anytime. (See terms and conditions for more details.) You can adjust your weekly selection and delivery option until 10pm EST on the Sunday before your box is to be delivered or picked up.
What is the deadline for making a weekly selection?
- Each week, you will need to place your order by 10 PM EST on the Sunday proceeding the week you would like delivery.
Is my subscription flexible?
- Yes! Swap meals, skip the upcoming week or change your delivery option each week by Sunday at 10pm and you can cancel at anytime. Just log in to your account preferences to make changes at any time.
Can I skip more than one week in a row?
- Currently we post and you order on a weekly basis for the freshest local ingredients. Your commitment is to select your recipes or skip the upcoming week by our deadline each Sunday at 10 PM.
How much will I be charged?
- Local Baskit offers three different Baskit Styles at different pricing levels:
The Artisan Baskit features high quality meats and fish and unique ingredients for the adventurous cook, with challenging recipes and the ability to selection from any Baskit style. The average serving cost is $11-12 and kits range from $48 to $158 depending on your number of meals per week and your serving size.
The Fresh Baskit features healthy and convenient selections with an average serving cost of $8-9. Select from five to six Fresh selections that offer a variety of healthy and often kid-approved meals. Fresh Baskit prices range from $44 to $128 depending on your number of meals per week and your serving size.
The Simple Baskit provides many of the same recipes as the Fresh line, but we only deliver the produce and dry ingredients. You would supply the meat or fish for the recipe. This is a great option for seniors or for singles so you can reduce produce waste and have the same convenient meal planning. The average serving cost is $4-5 and kits range from $18 to $68 depending on your number of meals per week and your serving size.
What if I have a food allergy?
- Please be sure to contact Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any food allergies.
Do you offer gluten-free recipes?
- Yes! Our recipes often include gluten-free recipes. Please contact us if you have a specific dietary need: email@example.com
By canceling, does this mean there is a fee or that I can't restart the service again?
- There are no cancellation fees, and you can restart the subscription at any time. Our goal is to make cooking fun and easy for you! We understand that life gets busy.
Is there a limit to how many times I can cancel and restart the service?
- No. Our service is meant to be convenient for you!
Can I get just one meal a week on the subscription plan or just a one serving meal?
- We offer two and four serving portions on all Local Baskit meal. You can get one meal at a time through our Concord Marketplace pickup, see below for more information.
How long can I wait before making the meals I order?
- If you have any fish recipes, we recommend making those first. Because of the nature of our product--fresh, mostly local produce and items--we recommend enjoying that freshness within two to four days depending on the produce and fresh ingredients in your Baskit.
Where is your Concord Marketplace located?
- We are easy to find in the Concord Center on 10 Ferry Street off of North Main Street. From the I93 (North or South!): take Exit 15W off of I93; get into far left lane; at 2nd light, take a left. Parking is available and we are right there!
When is the Concord Marketplace open?
- We are open: Tuesdays – Fridays, 1pm – 7pm; Saturday 11am – 7pm.
Can I pick-up CookTonight meals at the Concord Marketplace?
- Yes! CookTonight meals are 2-person or 4-person recipes you can take home and make that night. These meal selections vary, as they--like many of our recipes--are influenced by what produce is locally available.
Do you offer local beer?
- Yes! We encourage you to stop in and see the many varieties we offer. If you have questions about what we carry, you can speak directly with Tim Franciscovic, our retail outreach manager and beer aficionado! We host beer tasting events weekly. Please check the CookTonight section of our website for events!
Do you offer wine?
- Yes! We offer wine from both local and international vintners. Please check the CookTonight section of our website for tasting events!
Do you offer anything else?
- We do! We have a variety of local milk, meats, cheeses, and bakery items. We also offer a number of delicious and healthy snack items. We hope you'll stop in!
PICK UP AND DELIVERY
If I choose delivery, when will my baskit be delivered?
- You choose your delivery day! We offer delivery on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Items are typically shipped in one day.
How much does delivery cost?
- Shipping costs $4. Pick-up at markets and community locations is FREE.
Do I have to be home when my baskit is delivered?
- No - our boxes are delivered by UPS and can be left on your porch or other designated area. You will be sent tracking information to track your package.
If I have a problem with my delivery, who can I call?
- You will be provided a tracking number for your package and can inquiry directly with our shipper or follow up with Local Baskit at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-219-0882
How do I alert you if an ingredient is missing?
- If an ingredient is mistakenly missing from your Baskit, visit our Contact page here: http://localbaskit.com/contact to send us a message, or call us at 603-219-0882.
Do I get to keep the Local Baskit bag? (pick-up service only)
- Certainly, you are welcome to keep the bag and re-use it! We would, however, encourage you to recycle the bag by bringing it back to us at the Concord, Amherst, Warner or Portsmouth locations. Please see the recycling section of our FAQ for more information.
Can I suggest a new pick-up location?
- We would love to hear your thoughts! Please contact us at email@example.com
RECYCLING PACKAGING/PICK UP MATERIAL
What items can I recycle?
- At Local Baskit, our goal is to create as little waste as possible, and our packaging reflects this.
You can recycle the following items at your local recycling service:
Any plastic container that has the recycle triangle on it (please be sure to check your local recycling service, as not all services recycle the same items)
The shipping box
Packaging material (such as newspapers, cardboard)
What items can I return to you?
- You can return these items to us: 1. Local Baskit delivery bags (pick-up service only); 2. Silver lining bags in the shipping boxes or the delivery bags that keep items cool; 3. Ice packs; 4. Any of the plastic bottles and lids (these are used in a STEM program at a local school as well as an art program).
Where and when can I return items to you in Concord?
- Local Baskit Concord: 10 Ferry Street in the Concord Center off of North Main Street (Tuesdays – Fridays, 1pm – 7pm; Saturday 11am – 7pm); or Concord Winter Market: Cole Gardens, 430 Loudon Rd. (Saturdays, 10am – 1:30pm)
Where and when can I return items to you in Portsmouth?
- Atlantic Gymnastics, 150 Gosling Rd. (Tuesdays, 4 - 6pm)
Where and when can I return items to you in Amherst?
- Amherst Garden Center, 305 NH Route 101 (Sundays, 10am – 1pm)
Where and when can I return items to you in Warner?
- Schoodacs Coffee & Tea, 1 East Main St. (Tuesdays, 2 - 5pm)
What packaging material can I compost?
- Any of our cellophane wrappers (the wrapping around most of our liquid items, bread items, etc.)
I don't live near any of your current pick-up locations. How can I return items to be recycled to you?
- Please know that our pick-up locations are subject to change, often depending upon the season. You are welcome to suggest a new pick-up location by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or we encourage you to compile the recycling and bring it to us when you are next near one of the current locations! We truly appreciate your efforts to recycle; this is a core value of our company!